The art of converting a web visitor’s attention is daunting. First, you have to decide your intended audience, what they would like to hear, and in what median you should deliver it. Second, you have to have a perfect balance of content and teaser – give away too little and they will leave, give away too much and they won’t need to engage further. Third, what information do I ask for on the web-form, the bare minimum will give the most quantity whereas more required fields will give the best quality.
As you consider this quandary, these are 5 reasons companies append leads in Salesforce.com in real-time:
- Buyers are lairs – A recent survey found that 70% of Online forms are purposefully completed with inaccurate or incorrect information! The reasons are obvious, the applicant wants your gated content but doesn’t want to be solicited in return.
- If you’re not first – you’re last – Research from InsideSales.com shows that 35–50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. Incomplete leads don’t receive the same level of urgency and attention as their more complete counterparts. This particularly impacts routing hot leads to BDR’s. It is hard to route a lead if you don’t know much about them.
- Lead scoring – Accurate contact and company detail provides the ability to better score a lead. The issue, however, is asking for information such as title, company, industry, size, revenue, and phone tends to be what prevents conversions in the first place. The proverbial catch 22.
- Progressive profiling – This is the concept of building on your understanding of the lead and asking for more contact detail in exchange for gated information. The best companies ask for information not publicly available and is unique to their sales process. Those questions can be where they are in the buying process, budget, or availability for an appointment with a rep.
- Hiding behind Gmail – Oftentimes, our web visitors will use a gmail address to remain anonymous. One way to get around this is to require a business email address but you will watch your conversions drop decidedly. With autocomplete functionality in most browsers, this is has become a preferred method to quickly exchange contact details for gated information.
Many companies are looking for a way to overcome the quantity vs quality conundrum and have found that real-time lead appending works. This is the process of taking the barest of information on the online form and appending it with contact and company detail for a rich lead record. In turn, inaccurate and incomplete data is corrected and routed to the appropriate personnel for a timely response. That includes Gmail addresses! Leads are scored based on behavior but also contact and company detail – thus identifying hot leads in target companies.
RampedUp enables real-time lead appending inside of Salesforce.com. The results are just as you would expect. Previously unknown visitors are profiled and contacted. Leads are routed based on qualification metrics and nurtured based on that qualification. And lastly, BDR’s spend their time contacting leads instead of researching them – leading to increased productivity.