Data Hygiene: B2B contact data expires at a 30% rate per year according to Hubspot. Dirty data not only contributes to poor deliverability but fines for illegal solicitation or blacklisting from email service providers. RampedUp provides the ADVANCE data cleaning solution to breathe new life and confidence into decaying marketing lists.
- valid– These are emails that we determined to be valid and safe to email to, they will have a very low bounce rate of under 2%.
- invalid– These are emails that we determined to be invalid, please delete them from your mailing list. The results are 99.999% accurate.
- catch-all– These emails are impossible to validate without sending a real email and waiting for a bounce. The term Catch-all means that the email server tells you that the email is valid, whether it’s valid or invalid. If you want to email these addresses, I suggest you segment them into a catch-all group and know that some of these will most likely bounce.
- spamtrap– These emails are believed to be spamtraps and should not be mailed. We have technology in place to determine if certain emails should be classifed as spamtrap. We don’t know all the spamtrap email addresses, but we do know a lot of them.
- abuse– These emails are of people who are known to click the abuse links in emails, hence abusers or complainers. We recommend not emailing these addresses.
- do_not_mail– These emails are of companies, role based, or people you just want to avoid emailing to. They are broken down into 6 sub-categories “disposable”,”toxic”, “role_based”, “role_based_catch_all”, “global_suppression” and “possible_trap”. Examine this file and determine if you want to email these address. They are valid email addresses, but shouldn’t be mailed in most cases.
- unknown– These emails we weren’t able to validate for one reason or another. Typical cases are “The mail server was down” or “the anti-spam system is blocking us”
Try it out!